Dark, decadent and nutrient-dense, this vegan chocolate fudge is one to keep in your recipe book for a special occasion.
Prep: 20 mins | Freeze: 3 hours | Serves: 20
Our ultimate vegan-friendly fudge is dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. Plus, it contains just 7 wholesome ingredients and takes all of 20 minutes to make. We hope you love it just as much as we do!
The base is made from Almo Crème, coconut oil and raw cacao powder for an intensely chocolatey, mildly nutty flavour. It’s then naturally sweetened with maple syrup and vanilla essence. If you’re after a keto-friendly fudge, simply replace the maple syrup with a low-carb sweetener, such as liquid stevia.
It may look deliciously decadent, buts it’s surprisingly guilt-free. Every bite will give you a healthy boost of:
- Plant protein to power muscle growth and recovery.
- Vitamin E to nourish and repair your hair, skin, eyes and nails.
- Healthy fats, including loads of omega 3s, to help lower your cholesterol and protect against heart disease.
- Antioxidants to guard against oxidative damage and inflammation.
- Magnesium to boost your energy levels, ward off migraines and regulate your nervous system.
We’ve added raspberries and roasted almonds, but feel free to get creative with your fudge fillings? You could combine dried cranberries and salty pistachios to make a vibrant festive fudge, or for a gooey caramel treat, swirl through this vegan dulce de lech sauce before it cools down. Just remember to store your fudge in the fridge.
Tip: Sprinkle with sesame seeds for an extra hit of calcium or hemp seeds to keep your iron, magnesium and zinc levels up!