Crispy, creamy, chewy, bright and about a dozen other wonderful adjectives apply to this balmy summer night salad.
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 5 mins | Serves: 2
Cauliflower and caramelised leek make an unexpectedly delicious combination when paired with dried muscatel grapes and toasted pine nuts. The vine-ripened muscatels impart a balanced sweetness and plump chewiness that works in contrast with the crunchy toasted pine nuts.
But what really brings this dreamy duo together is our Lemon Crème Salad Dressing. Made from a wholesome combination of Almo Crème, lemon juice, olive oil and a touch of zest, the nutty flavours work in harmony with citrus and add a creamy texture to the dish. It’s entirely dairy-free, gluten-free and has no nasty additives.
Be careful not to overcook the cauliflower. It just needs a quick blanch in boiling water before being tossed through the dressing. Serve as a side or let this high summer salad shine bright on its own.
- 1/2 head green cauliflower, rinsed
- 1/4 medium-sized leek, rinsed
- 4 tbsp dried muscatels
- 1-2 tbsp pine nuts
- Pepitas, to serve
Lemon Crème Salad Dressing
- 3 tbsp Almo Crème
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a tray with baking paper. Prepare an ice bath; set aside.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets and blanch in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to cold water. Let cool completely and then drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Slice leek into 4cm-long strips; arrange on baking paper and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pine nuts in a medium sauce, drizzle with olive oil and toast until fragrant and golden brown. Set aside.
- To make salad dressing, whisk together Almo Creme, olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest until emulsified. Add 1 tbsp of water or Almo Milk and continue whisking until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and cracked pepper
- Arrange cauliflower and leeks on a serving plate and top with roasted pine nuts and dried muscatels. Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons dressing and scatter with optional pepitas or fresh herbs.